Jane Carlson Williams ’60 Archives
Lakeside School’s Jane Carlson Williams ’60 Archives is a collection of historical records and artifacts that documents not only the history of Lakeside and St. Nicholas schools, but the story of independent education in Seattle and the Northwest and the people who have helped shape that history.
The archives exists in order to preserve and make available the records and artifacts in its collection, and is open Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. View an overview of our collections, and more detailed information about our collections management policy. Contact the archivist to schedule a visit to view materials from the collection. Please review our access guidelines before your visit.
For information on the history of Lakeside and St. Nicholas Schools, visit our history webpage, or, for more detailed questions, contact the archivist Leslie Schuyler at email@example.com or 206-440-2895.
- Donating Materials
- Donation forms and policy
- Citing archival materials
- Copyright of archival materials
We are seeking materials that significantly add to our understanding of the origins and evolution of Lakeside, Moran-Lakeside, and St. Nicholas schools. That includes items or documents related to activities, functions, events, programs, culture, and community.
- If you are an alumnus, former employee, or member of the general public and would like to donate materials related to Lakeside or St. Nicholas School, please contact the archivist for more information.
- If you’re a Lakeside office or department looking to transfer school materials from your files into the archives, please review our records retention schedule in the employee policy manual.
Clear citations enable researchers (and archivists) to find records a second time. Please include the following information, as known, in archival-source citations:
- Description of item (e.g., Board meeting minutes).
- Date of item (e.g., January 3, 1978).
- Name of collection (e.g., Board of Trustees Records).
- Name of archival repository (e.g., Jane Carlson Williams ’60 Archives).
- Institutional Affiliation (e.g., Lakeside School).
- Location (e.g., Seattle, WA).
Individuals who conduct research in Lakeside’s archives assume full responsibility for any legal questions that may arise as the result of their use of the institution’s archival materials. Lakeside assumes no responsibility for copyright infringement.
Lakeside School holds the copyright for archival records created during the course of regular school (Moran-Lakeside, Lakeside, and St. Nicholas) business. To request permission to reproduce records from the archives, contact the archivist at firstname.lastname@example.org. No fees are charged for permissions.