|SAVE MONEY AND RECYCLE!
Note: 2014 book lists are now posted (to the right or below).
Lakeside textbooks are a big expense every fall for all students. When a text book is being used again by a teacher the following year, it may be eligible to be bought back by the bookstores on the Middle and Upper School Campuses. These books are then available for incoming students to purchase the following fall.
Students can turn in their used books during the last week of Middle School and during finals at the Upper School. When the book is purchased the following fall, the selling student’s account is credited for up to 80% of the original purchase price (depending on the book condition). If a student is no longer at Lakeside in the fall, the book sale funds are mailed to the parents or guardians.
This is a “win-win” proposition for both the Lakeside families and for the Parents Association. Each year 20% of the buyback proceeds are contributed to the Parents Association and allocated to various student and educational programs to support our Lakeside students.
HOW TO TURN IN USED BOOKS
1. Click below for books that Lakeside faculty is willing to buy back to reuse for next year. Please look through the list to sort out your books and bring only those texts to the buy back. (Both lists are for Spring 2014).UPPER SCHOOL Used book list MIDDLE SCHOOL Used book list
2. Please use the link below to enter the information on the forms for books that you want the PA to buy back from you. PRINT
out one form for each book you want to sell back for credit. US Book Form MS Book Form
3. Check dates, times and location of Used Book Buyback.
Location: Refectory and US Bookstore
Dates: June 9 and 10, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (during Finals) for everyone
June 10, 2014, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. for seniorsSIGN UP to help at the US Used Book Buyback. Click here
to sign up.
Location: outside MS Bookstore
Dates: May 30, 2014, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
June 5, 2014, 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
4. Bring the books AND the corresponding forms to the Book Buyback.
5. Watch your account get credited in Fall, when your book is bought by an incoming student.
6. THANKS FOR HELPING US RECYCLE AND FUNDRAISE FOR YOUR LAKESIDE EDUCATION!