The application deadline for international applicants was December 14, 2017 and is closed.
The 2019-2020 application will open Fall 2018.
Read the following information before starting an international application to ensure Lakeside is an appropriate fit for your student.
International applicants are students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
Other than language courses, all classes at Lakeside are in English. Students must be fluent in written and spoken English at the time of application.
Please read the section below before contacting the admissions office, as we will likely direct you back to this page for responses.
- How many international students attend Lakeside?
- How can I visit campus?
- Does Lakeside provide boarding arrangements or can students live with a host family?
- Does Lakeside offer any specific courses or programs to support international students?
- What is the application process for an international student?
- How do I schedule an interview?
- What tests are required for international applicants?
- What are the minimum TOEFL scores that Lakeside will accept?
- Will Lakeside work with a placement company or educational consultant that works with international families?
- Is Lakeside registered with SEVIS to issue a Form I-20?
- Does Lakeside accept students for one semester or one year?
- Can an international student receive financial aid?
- Are there fees in addition to tuition for an international student?
International applicants, to all grade levels, must take the TOEFL if their first language or the primary language spoken in their home is not English. We do not accept the TOEFL Jr. Lakeside looks closely at the score for each section rather than the total. The internet-based TOEFL exam (iBT) has four subsections, with a grading scale for each section from 1 to 30 (30 being the best possible score).
The minimum for each section are as follows:
- Reading: 22
- Listening: 22
- Speaking: 26
- Writing: 24
Please designate Lakeside School as an official score report recipient on the TOEFL registration form. Lakeside School code is B621. More information about the TOEFL can be found at www.toefl.org.
Yes, Lakeside is registered with SEVIS. If needed, an I-20 form is provided to obtain an F1 visa only if the student enrolls at Lakeside and not prior. Please find more information at www.ice.gov/sevis.
No. The Lakeside academic program is full year and students are unable to enroll for one semester. It is the expectation that a student would remain enrolled through grade 12 and graduate from Lakeside unless the family were to move out of the area or the school was not a suitable match. All applicants must intend to graduate from Lakeside.