Lakeside will celebrate its centennial anniversary throughout the coming 2019-2020 academic year with events and special undertakings. The milestone will be a part of all major events throughout the school year, including experiences for students, current families, and alumni. “We’ll be celebrating Lakeside’s past century and looking ahead to what the next one holds,” says Head of School Bernie Noe. “We hope everyone in our community can join with us in marking this achievement!”
Make note of the following events
- Early Sept: Back-to-School Picnic for Lakeside families, faculty, and staff.
- Oct. 2: The Centennial Lecture, featuring Bill Gates ’73, for all members of the Lakeside community.
- Nov. 23: ROAR auction for current Lakeside parents and guardians.
- Mid-March 2020: Seattle area alumni reception for local alumni.
- Friday, June 12, 2020: All alumni of Lakeside School and St. Nicholas School are invited to the Centennial Reunion Celebration at the end of the school year on the Upper School campus. Classes ending in 0 and 5 will continue their reunion celebration with additional class events that weekend. More information will be released this coming fall.
Watch Lakeside’s website for forthcoming details about additional events.
A history of Lakeside
In collaboration with HistoryLink, we are pleased to announce the publication of “Lakeside’s First Century: A History of Purpose and Progress. ” The history, written by Seattle-based writer Kathrine Beck, looks back at key moments and memorable stories in Lakeside’s first century.
All current students, faculty, staff, alumni board members, and trustees will receive a free copy of the book at the start of the school year, after which copies will be available for sale online through University Book Store, as well as during special events throughout the year. The softcover book will retail for $25.
The fall 2019 issue of Lakeside magazine will serve as a companion to the history, excerpting the book, highlighting Lakeside’s archival treasures, and marking moments that mattered. The spring 2020 issue will look forward to Lakeside’s next century, including the results of Lakeside’s re-envisioning of its educational program that is currently underway.