By Rick Huegli, head strength and conditioning coach/Upper School physical education teacher
As Lakeside transitioned to remote learning, strength and conditioning coach Rick Huegli reflected on the importance of movement and shared a weekly exercise plan from his strength and conditioning course. Below, find a new exercise circuit, plus a link to the full weekly plan.
Broomstick/Hurdle Warm Up
- Forward Step Overs and Back – 10x each
- Lateral Step Overs – 10x
- Forward Step Unders – 10x each
- Lateral Step Unders – 10x
- Inchworms – 10x
- Quadruped Hip Abduction – 14x each leg
- Quadruped Knee Circle Backward – 14x each leg
- Quadruped Knee Circle Forward – 14x each leg
- Quadruped Straight Leg Reach Lateral – 14x each leg
Body Weight Leg Circuit – Perform four circuits.
Execute the exercises as quickly and skillfully as possible, moving to the next exercise immediately. Recover 90 seconds at the end of each circuit.
- Body Weight Squats – 20x
- Forward Lunge Alternate – 10x each leg
- Split Squats – 10x each leg
- Squat Jumps – 10x
Mountain Climber/Groiner/Thrust/Thrust Frog Circuit/Superman – Perform three circuits.
Execute the exercises as quickly and skillfully as possible, moving to the next exercise immediately. Recover for two minutes at the end of each circuit.
- Mountain Climber – 12x each
- Groiner – 12x each
- Thrust – 12x each
- Thrust Frog – 12x each
- Skydiver– 12x each
- Push Up Plank Positions Shoulder Taps – 12x each
Hundredpushups.com – follow 1st workout for your appropriate week.
Core – Work at your pace. Reset low back into the surface as needed.
- Supine Alphabet – 1x
- Plank Rotations Alternate (right,left = 1 rep) – 20x each
- V-Up Alternate – 20x each
- Flutter Kicks – 40x each