By Rick Huegli, head strength and conditioning coach/Upper School physical education teacher
As Lakeside transitioned to remote learning, strength and conditioning coach Rick Huegli reflected on the importance of movement and shared a weekly exercise plan from his strength and conditioning course. Below, find a new exercise circuit, plus a link to the full weekly plan.
Broomstick/Hurdle Warm Up
- Forward Step Overs and Back – 10x each
- Lateral Step Overs – 10x
- Forward Step Unders – 10x each
- Lateral Step Unders – 10x
- Inchworms – 10x
- Quadruped Hip Abduction – 14x each leg
- Quadruped Knee Circle Backward – 14x each leg
- Quadruped Knee Circle Forward – 14x each leg
- Quadruped Straight Leg Reach Lateral – 14x each leg
This week perform one set of as many push ups as you can. You may rest in the arms extended position. Maintain good form.
Body Weight Leg Circuit – Perform four circuits.
Execute the exercises as quickly and skillfully as possible, moving to the next exercise immediately. Recover 90 seconds at the end of each circuit.
- Body Weight Squats – 20x
- Forward Lunge Alternate – 10x each leg
- Split Squats – 10x each leg
- Squat Jumps – 10x
Mountain Climber/Groiner/Thrust/Thrust Frog Circuit/Superman – Perform three circuits.
Execute the exercises as quickly and skillfully as possible, moving to the next exercise immediately. Recover for two minutes at the end of each circuit.
- Mountain Climber – 12x each
- Groiner – 12x each
- Thrust – 12x each
- Thrust Frog – 12x each
- Skydiver– 12x each
- Push Up Plank Positions Shoulder Taps – 12x each
Core – Work at your pace. Reset low back into the surface as needed.
- Supine Alphabet – 1x
- Plank Rotations Alternate (right,left = 1 rep) – 20x each
- V-Up Alternate – 20x each
- Flutter Kicks – 40x each