by Tearon Joseph, interim co-director of admissions & financial aid
Did you know that one-third of Lakeside students receive financial aid? Or that financial aid funds are available to students to attend our Global Service Learning trips? Or that the average tuition for a student who receives financial aid at Lakeside is less than $9,000?
If affording Lakeside without assistance is a stretch for your family, please apply for financial aid.
Here are the financial aid application steps:
- Go to www.solutionsbysss.com/parents.
- Follow the link to "Complete your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS)" and begin your application.
- Submit and pay for the PFS. Fee waivers are automatically granted to families who qualify based on School & Student Services (SSS) guidelines.
- Upload copies of the required documents (listed below) to your SSS account. You may also email, mail, or hand-deliver to Lakeside’s office of admissions and financial aid.
- 2019 income statements. This includes W2s, unemployment statements, and Social Security income statements.
- 2019 IRS Form 1040 and relevant schedules. We also ask that business owners and those in partnerships include a Schedule C, Schedule E, Form 1120, and/or K-1.
- Additional documents may be requested.
Financial aid applications and all additional required documents are due Feb. 6, 2020.
Consider attending a financial aid information session to learn more about our program and how we make our financial aid decisions. The next information session is Jan. 21, 2020, at 6:30 p.m. in Kent Evans auditorium, in Allen-Gates Hall on the Upper School campus.
Should you have questions, email us at email@example.com.