by Emily Aktepy, admissions and financial aid operations manager
It’s that time of year: school break is around the corner and Lakeside’s admissions application Jan. 15 deadline is approaching!
December is when many families focus on completing their application, which can bring a lot of excitement but also some stress. We want to eliminate unnecessary stress, so this is a reminder that many application requirements can be received and completed after the Jan. 15, 2019 deadline.
By the application deadline (Jan. 15, 2019), families must have submitted the following:
- Preliminary application and fee.
- PSIS student short answers.
- PSIS student essay.
- PSIS student interests and activities form.
- PSIS parent/guardian statement.
Please delegate the following forms, references, and evaluations well before Jan. 15, so that the person responsible has time to turn them in before the end of January:
- Two teacher evaluations.
- PSIS school administrator form.
- Personal reference.
- Grades/transcripts (through a records request).
There are two pieces of the application that families often have questions about, as regards timing and the Jan. 15 deadline.
- Middle School visits and Upper School interviews are available to schedule through the end of January. We do ask families to secure a time (through Ravenna) before Jan. 15. Applications are considered on time if an interview or visit takes place after the Jan. 15 deadline.
- The SSAT is required as part of the application. For a guaranteed on-time decision, the last SSAT date for Upper School applicants is Jan. 5 and for Middle School applicants it is Feb. 2. Find SSAT testing locations and availability at ssat.org. Please note that The Character Skills Snapshot is required for applicants to grades 6-12; do take The Snapshot online prior to Jan. 15, 2019; results will be received two weeks from completion. Registration for The Snapshot occurs as part of the SSAT registration.
Additional information can be found in Ravenna and on the admissions webpage. Additionally, our office is available to answer questions Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. We can be reached by phone or email (206-365-3608 or email@example.com).
Please note our office will be closed Dec. 24, 25, and 31, 2018 and Jan. 1, 2019.
Thanks for reading and have a healthy and warm December!