by Chris Hartley, director of athletics
Mark your calendars for a great night of school spirit, community building, and basketball - Friday, Dec. 13 is the winter tailgate!
Along with great basketball, Lakeside will be celebrating its second PRIDE night. Thanks to the leadership of the student alliance Gay, Lesbian, or Whatever (GLOW), there will be lots to see, hear, and learn!
Four of our Upper School basketball teams will be in action against West Seattle:
- 4 p.m. - Girls junior varsity
- 5:30 p.m. - Boys junior varsity
- 7 p.m. - Girls varsity
- 8:30 p.m. - Boys varsity
The tailgate festivities will kick off at the start of the girls varsity game (7 p.m.). The PGA will have free food for you, and rumor has it that Student Government plans to have a few food trucks in the parking lot!
GLOW has organized activities for halftime of each game and will have a group singing the National Anthem at the start of the girls game.
And, this is a great time to purchase some PRIDE apparel. T-shirts, sweatshirts, and stickers will be available for purchase (cash, check, or credit card).
This event is free to all Lakeside community members (students, teachers, staff, alumni, parents and guardians). For everyone else: $4 for students from other schools, $4 for seniors (65+), and $6 for adults.
An important message for Middle School families:
- Students will not be officially supervised by staff for this event. And, Middle School students will need to be transported to this event by families. We hope this is a great opportunity for lots of Middle School families to join in the fun!
- Staff will not be available to walk students from the Middle School to the Upper School.
- There will not be any Middle School practices this day.