Applications for LEEP 2023 will open in February 2023.
If you are a current 5th or 8th grader in the Seattle Public School district, we encourage you to apply to LEEP!
LEEP gives motivated students the chance to work with experienced teachers, supportive counselors, and a dynamic peer group in an enriching summer program. LEEP students are positive, respectful, proactive, fun, reflective, and future-thinking. They are students looking for opportunities to refine their academic skills, to connect with new friends and teachers, to step outside their comfort zone, and to become more well-rounded.
LEEP works closely with SPS counselors and teachers to help students navigate the application process. If your student is interested in applying, we recommend communicating that interest to your school's counselor or principal.
Read below for details on what is included in a LEEP application. Watch a video tutorial here.
LEEP has an online application. To apply:
- Visit www.ravenna-hub.com and create an account.
- Follow the instructions to create a student profile for the applicant.
- Find LEEP in the School Directory and click the green "apply" button.
- View all required application forms in Ravenna (see below for details).
A complete LEEP application includes:
- Family Information Form: filled out and submitted online. This form asks for basic information (like address, current school, preferred bus stop, etc.).
- Student Responses: filled out and submitted online. Students will share why they are interested in LEEP.
- Parent/Guardian Responses: filled out and submitted online. Parents/guardians will share why they are interested in LEEP. If needed, others can translate parent/guardian responses by typing for them.
- Personal Reference: this form should be sent to a teacher, counselor, or mentor (not a family member). Enter the reference's email in Ravenna, and the online form will be emailed to them.
- Records Request Form: print this form, sign it, and give to the student's current school. This form allows the current school to send current grades to LEEP.